Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A really good soup my mom makes but the thing it's more convenient if you have a handheld blender.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks (with tender green parts)
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 baking potatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups vegetable stock or 6 cups prepared broth
- 1 bunch watercress, stems removed
- fresh ground white pepper
- Warm the oil in a soup pot.
- Add the leeks and saute.
- Add the fennel and potatoes and continue to saute.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cook until all the vegetables are completely softened.
- Add watercress, cooking it until it's wilted but still bright green.
- Use a handheld blender until smooth.
- Add the salt and white pepper.
- For Vegetarian use vegetable broth.
This is quite good, and had a great creamy texture. Used 4 small leeks, only 1 fennel bulb, 3 cups veg. stock and 2 cups water.
This recipe was delicious and had a very creamy texture. I used half the amount of fennel though because I felt that otherwise the taste of fennel would be too overpowering.