1/1 Photo of Potato Leek Soup With Cabbage
Erin KG's Note:
This soup is a delicious but healthy comfort food for a cold winter day! Fairly simple to prepare, it is great for a weeknight dinner, or to keep in the fridge for lunch. I haven't tried freezing it, but it keeps several days in the fridge. It does thicken up, especially as it chills, so for a thinner soup, increase the broth by another cup or so.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml butter
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 leeks, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 2-3 medium yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 946.36 ml vegetable broth
- 4.92-9.85 ml dried parsley or 4.92-9.85 ml fresh parsley
- 9.85-14.78 ml dried thyme or 9.85-14.78 ml fresh thyme
- 1-2 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large pot, melt the butter on low heat.
- 2Add in your chopped onion and simmer until they start to turn translucent.
- 3Add in your leeks and garlic, stir, and cover.
- 4Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the leeks are softened.
- 5Add the cabbage, stir, and let simmer covered another 5-8 minutes until soft.
- 6Add your potatoes, broth, thyme, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- 7Turn the heat down and simmer covered until potatoes are cooked (15-20 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes).
- 8Add salt and pepper as desired.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Leek Soup With Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 76.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: