1/1 Photo of Potato Leek Soup St. James's Gate Style
Chef #848413's Note:
St. James's Gate is the "Guinness Brewery" in Dublin, Ireland. "Guinness Black Lager" enhances a Rustic Flavor into the Potato Leek soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces lager beer (Guinness Black Lager)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups leeks (Chopped)
- 1 cup carrot (Chopped)
- 1 cup celery root (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram (Chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives (Chopped)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 6 cups yukon gold potatoes (Chopped)
- 2 cups heavy cream (Tempered)
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1Open Black Lager and let it come to room temperature.
- 2In a 5-quart Dutch oven melt butter. Add bay leaves, leeks, carrots, celery root and garlic. Season with salt and white pepper. Saute vegetables 3-4 minutes. Add thyme, marjoram and 3-tablespoons chives.
- 3Add Guinness Black Lager, chicken stock and potatoes. Bring to a full boil and reduce to simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- 4Wisk in heavy cream, nutmeg, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Remove bay leaves and puree soup using a hand blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve soup in warm bowls.
- 6Garnish with fresh chopped chives.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Leek Soup St. James's Gate Style
Serving Size: 1 (555 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.8
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 128.7 mg
- Sodium 705.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: