1/1 Photo of Potato Leek Soup #SP5
Chef #1802621011's Note:
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Smooth potato soup that you can top with your choice of that that would pared with a baked potato.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop onion and celery stalk and set aside.
- 2Cut leek length wise and then slice into ¼ inch pieces and clean in water to eliminate sand particles. Remove leeks from water.
- 3Heat medium sauce pan and add butter until melted.
- 4Place onion, leeks, and celery in pot and sweat for 3 minutes.
- 5Add the two packages of Simply Potatoes and garlic to pot and cook until tender.
- 6Add broth and simmer 2 minutes. Ladle into blender or food processer half the mixture and blend to smooth consistency. You can place all the soup in the blender or leave some out so you have little bits of onion, leek, and potato for chunky nibbles when eating.
- 7Pour blended mixture back into pot and heat to desired temperature. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Serve in bowl and add whatever topping you desire, such as, bacon, sour cream, croutons, or any topping that would go well with a baked potato.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Leek Soup #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.8
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 815.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion