Recipe by Laurice B.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Smooth potato soup that you can top with your choice of that that would pared with a baked potato.
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (15 ounce) packages Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 32 ounces chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion and celery stalk and set aside.
- Cut leek length wise and then slice into ¼ inch pieces and clean in water to eliminate sand particles. Remove leeks from water.
- Heat medium sauce pan and add butter until melted.
- Place onion, leeks, and celery in pot and sweat for 3 minutes.
- Add the two packages of Simply Potatoes and garlic to pot and cook until tender.
- Add broth and simmer 2 minutes. Ladle into blender or food processer half the mixture and blend to smooth consistency. You can place all the soup in the blender or leave some out so you have little bits of onion, leek, and potato for chunky nibbles when eating.
- Pour blended mixture back into pot and heat to desired temperature. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowl and add whatever topping you desire, such as, bacon, sour cream, croutons, or any topping that would go well with a baked potato.