Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup does not have cream or milk in it like many of the ones I have seen. I got it off the internet many years ago. The recipe is credited to the Dinner Co-op. And very simple to make. I think it could also easily be converted to a slow cooker recipe. I usually double the recipe when I make it.
- 2 large leeks, split lengthwise and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb potato, peeled and diced
- In a large heavy saucepan, cook the leeks in the butter over medium heat until softened but not brown.
- Add the water, the broth, and the potatoes. Bring to a boil then turn heat down to low and simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a blender, puree 1 cup of the soup. Stir puree into remaining soup. Salt and pepper to taste.