Recipe by MargieLandis
This is a twist to a classic Potato soup recipe - perfect for fall days! The caraway rye adds a nice touch! Add more pepper to give it a little kick.
Top Review by sandykw
Easy and delicious soup, even my picky daughter ate a whole bowl. A friend brought home a leek from the farmers market. So good. We used vegetable stock instead of chicken stock and didn't use the milk. Thank you. Sandy
- 1 leek, diced
- 4 russet potatoes, diced
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- milk (may use extra chicken stock instead)
- sour cream
- chives (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the first 7 ingredients into a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30- 45 minutes (or until potatoes have fallen apart). Note that the potatoes will have absorbed all of the stock.
- Stir to break up potatoes or mash them (will be like a puree).
- Add milk to desired consistency (you can use extra chicken stock for a non-dairy alternative).
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a pinch of chives.