Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another one from Kraft "Savor every spoonful of this indulgent soup. One serving goes a long way on flavor."
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large leeks, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 2 lb.)
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled, cubed (about 4 cups)
- 1 1⁄4 quarts water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- crumbled bacon (to garnish) (optional)
- HEAT oil in large stockpot on medium heat. Add leeks; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add potatoes, water,garlic powder, salt and pepper; stir. Cover. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool 10 minutes.
- ADD leek mixture, in batches, to blender container; cover. Blend until pureed. Return to stockpot.
- WHISK in cream cheese, a few cubes at a time; cook on medium heat until cream cheese is completely melted, stirring constantly. Add milk; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with chives just before serving. Sprinkle crumbled bacon.
- For Vegetarian omit the bacon or use a vegetarian subsitute.