Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A friend of my F-I-L gave this recipe to him and he says it not only is delicious, the house smells cozy and warm. Can't beat that description. Super easy and quick, serve with crusty bread and salad or famous grilled cheese sandwich and you have a hit for dinner or lunch.
- 6 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 cups chopped leeks
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup (regular size soup can)
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄2 lb ham, cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- In large pot, place first 5 ingredients with enough water to cover and cook on medium-high until tender.
- Add in cream soup, potato flakes, ham, and half-and-half; stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. You can also add in garlic, or red pepper flakes to suit your taste.
I love leeks and potato soup so I knew this would be a great recipe for me to try. I used two medium leeks, baby carrots and turkey ham that I cubed. Instead of water and bouillon cubes I used chicken broth. Made my soup a little on the thick side and loved the flavor. Thank you Chef1Mom, wonderful potato soup!
I just made this is it is really good! Even my 9 year old son likes it. I didn't have any instant potatoes, so obviously I didn't put it in. Even so, it's a great soup. Thanks for sharing!
What a fantastic soup this was Connie. My dh has declared it the best one I have ever made. Beautiful flavor, excellent texture. It was quick and easy to make and all the ingredients blend perfectly together. We enjoyed it very much. Needless to say, this has gone into the keeperbox. Thank you for sharing with all of us.