Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I don't remember the magazine I got this from, but I added/subtracted some stuff from the original. I make this soup so often in fall/winter.
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2 ", cubes
- 4 medium leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups beef broth
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- Heat broth in a large soup pot over med/high heat.
- Add potatoes, leeks, carrots and garlic. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and & simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cream, evaporated milk and spinach. Add paprika and salt/pepper. Heat through.