Recipe by Mizzy
from the candle cafe cookbook. even though the recipe calls for water, i usually substitute it for vegetarian chicken broth
- 4 potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts finely chopped
- 2 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- in a parge soup pot, put 7 cups of water, the potatoes, leeks, onions, carrots and celery.
- bring to a boil and add the parsley, sea salt, and pepper to taste.
- reudce the heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, until the vegetables are very tender.
- remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- transfer the soup to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- return the soup the pot and gently reheat.
- taste, adjust the seasonings, and serve at once.