from the candle cafe cookbook. even though the recipe calls for water, i usually substitute it for vegetarian chicken broth
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in a parge soup pot, put 7 cups of water, the potatoes, leeks, onions, carrots and celery.
- 2bring to a boil and add the parsley, sea salt, and pepper to taste.
- 3reudce the heat and simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes, until the vegetables are very tender.
- 4remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 5transfer the soup to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- 6return the soup the pot and gently reheat.
- 7taste, adjust the seasonings, and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 339.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g