Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love potato leek soup and love hummus so this was a great combination. The wine flavour also adds the perfect touch to this recipe.
- 30 ml butter
- 3 large leeks, white portion chopped
- 5 potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 large cooking onion, chopped
- 250 ml white wine (fruity Chardonnay recommended)
- 250 ml hummus
- 1000 ml vegetable broth or 1000 ml chicken broth or 1000 ml turkey broth
- Melt butter in soup pot.
- Sauté in butter the leeks and onion until opaque.
- Add broth and potatoes--bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are cooked, stir to prevent burning.
- Add hummus, stir.
- Turn off heat and immediately add white wine, stir.
- Add pepper to taste and serve.
I hate when people modify recipes, but this time it had to be done. I made the recipe as is but it was way too winy and way to bitter. So first I purÃ©ed the soup and then I added 2 tbsps of cream and 2 tbsps of maple syrup for sweetness. I will not add wine next time. A carrot could also be a good way to go. Great way to use up hummus though.