Recipe by Sara 76
I found this in a magazine. I have not tried it yet.
Top Review by Baby Kato
This was a very tasty soup, quick and easy to throw together. We didn't puree the soup, it was perfect as it was...(personal preference only). The soup was very comforting and satisfying. I don't like evaporated milk so used 1% and a little hard cream, it worked beautifully. The soup was rich and creamy. Thanks so much for sharing this treat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, washed and peeled
- 1 kg potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 liter water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 375 ml evaporated milk, low fat
- 100 g lean ham, sliced
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add leek and potatoes. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add combined vegetable stock powder and water to pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place mixtrure in food processor, and process until smooth.
- Return soup to pan and bring to the boil. Stir in evaporated milk and add ham. Simmer for 1 minute. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Stir in parsley before serving.