Recipe by KristenErinM
i adapted this from cooking light and made it even lighter! i prepared it for my family of eight and everyone loved it. i prepared it earlier in the day and popped it in the oven in the evening. it turned out perfectly.
- 8 -9 red potatoes, peeled and sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 6 large leeks, sliced
- cooking spray
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 cups diced ham (about 1 lb.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded gruyere or 1 1⁄2 cups other swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- place potatoes in water.
- boil and drain.
- set aside.
- cook leek in pan coated with cooking spray over medium heat, covered, for about 10 minute or until tender.
- remove leeks from pan and set aside.
- in same pan add broth, mustard, pepper and stir until blended.
- add flour and milk.
- stir to combine.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir constantly until mixture thickens.
- remove from heat.
- spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- pour 1cup milk mixture into pan.
- arrange 2 1/3 Cup potatoes over mixture.
- then add 1 1/2 cups of diced ham, and then 1 Cup leek, then 1/2 cheese.
- repeat the layers once.
- top with remaining potatoes and the rest of the milk mixture.
- top with remaining cheese.
- bake at 375 for 45 minutes until browned and bubbly.