Recipe by MechanicalJen
What a fresh tasting light lunch or healthy appetizer! These are wonderful - and quite a departure from the normal. Enjoy!
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1⁄2 cup sweet potato, peeled and chunked
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup leek, trimmed and chopped
- 2 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 -2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- ketchup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break garlic bulb open and place in roasting pan. Roast for 20 minutes or until soft. Remove (let cool) and squeeze out garlic flesh.
- Cook sweet potatoes and carrots in large pan of boiling water for 15 minutes until soft. Drain and mash. Mix this with the garlic.
- Add the leeks, feta cheese, Tabasco, cilantro & pepper to the sweet potato mixture.
- Cover and let chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Shape mixture into 8 small patties and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until hot.
- Serve with ketchup!