1/1 Photo of Potato, Leek, and Roasted Garlic Soup
Ambrosia for Guen's Note:
One night I was watching Emeril and he made a garlic soup. I made the garlic soup and enjoyed it, but decided I'd rather have something else in it rather than having to put bread in the soup to make it feel like it had substance. So I took what I knew of the garlic soup and I took what I knew of leek soup and a smashed them together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut top off of head of garlic and place in foil. cover with olive oil and salt and pepper. Wrap garlic and roast at 400°F until very lightly golden. set aside to cool.
- 2Chop cloves of garlic and slice white and light green parts of leeks. heat a table spoon or two of olive oil in a stock pot and add chopped garlic and sliced leeks. Sauté until soft. Cut potatoes into small wedges and add to the pot. sauté for just a few seconds and salt and pepper. Cover with water. Add half of the qt of chicken stock. from here, you add water and stock to taste.
- 3Squeeze roasted garlic out of the head/clove pods and into the stock pot with the soup. Smash any large pieces. Bring soup to a boil.
- 4Turn heat down to simmer until potatoes are soft. Salt, and pepper to taste. Add any other herbs or spices at this time (thyme is always lovely with chicken stock).
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Leek, and Roasted Garlic Soup
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.4
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 437.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g