Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've tried many potato and baked potato soup recipes, and I've narrowed it down to the way I like it. Maybe you'll like it, too.
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large leek, white and half of the green, washed and diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- crumbled bacon or cheddar cheese or green onion, if desired
- Melt butter. Saute leek and carrot until leek is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add flour; stir until smooth.
- Add stock and potatoes. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from stove. Add instant potato flakes. Stir until smooth. Let sit, covered, 5 minutes.
- Add half-and-half.