I've tried many potato and baked potato soup recipes, and I've narrowed it down to the way I like it. Maybe you'll like it, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large leek, white and half of the green, washed and diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1Melt butter. Saute leek and carrot until leek is soft, about 10 minutes.
- 2Add flour; stir until smooth.
- 3Add stock and potatoes. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- 4Remove from stove. Add instant potato flakes. Stir until smooth. Let sit, covered, 5 minutes.
- 5Add half-and-half.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Leek, and Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.3
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 329.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 8.8 g