Top Review by Jessa Honey
These were excellent! They were fairly quick to make, and they turned out fine when I replaced the matzo meal with flour. I'm going to make them again for Christmas! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons matzo meal
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded (4c.)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine egg, meal, 1/8t.
- salt and a dash pepper.
- Rinse potatoes; pat dry with paper towels.
- Stir potatoes and onion into egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4c.
- cooking oil over med.
- For each latke, spoon about 2T.
- batter into the hot oil; spread to make a circle about 2 1/2" in diameter.
- Cook for about 2 1/2 minutes or until golden brown; turn and cook on the other side the same amount of time.
- Add more oil during the cooking as necessary.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with applesauce or sour cream.
- Makes approximately 32 latkes.