Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got the idea for this from my latest Cookie Magazine. The original recipe called for swiss chard and swiss cheese. I didn't have either on hand so I used bok choy and parmesan instead. Added leeks since I had those too. We had this for dinner tonight. Very tasty.
- 1 leek
- 1 large bok choy
- 4 large potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Clean and thinly slice the leeks. Add oil to saute pan and saute until tender.
- While leeks are sauteing, clean and thinly slice the bok choy, set aside. Scrub the potatoes and thinly slice those (preferably using a mandolin).
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray, place potatoes in one layer on bottom of pan. Add about 1/3 of leek and 1/3 of bok choy. Sprinkle on 1/4 of parmesan and as much salt, pepper, and garlic powder as you like. Repeat with potatoes alternating layers and ending with potatoes on top. Add the milk and sprinkle remaining parmesan on top.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven until tender, about one hour.
- Cut and serve as you would lasagna.
Very bland. A LOT of work. I will not make it again. My husband said I should give it 1 star. The author says it originally called for Swiss chard and Swiss cheese. I think it was a big mistake to use bok choy and Parmesan instead. Swiss chard and Swiss cheese are much more flavorful. I still won't make it again.