Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 lb potato, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 3⁄4 cup natural fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat parmesan cheese, style grated topping
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, brown meat with onion in large nonstick skillet, stirring occasionally. Drain, if necessary.
- Add spaghetti sauce to skillet.
- MIX ricotta cheese, grated topping and egg whites until well blended. Spoon half of the meat mixture into 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Cover with half of the potatoes; top with layers of the ricotta cheese mixture, remaining potatoes and remaining meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil.
- BAKE 50 minutes. Remove foil. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.