1 hr 30 mins
Tisy Adams's Note:
This is a great sidedish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups grated swiss cheese, divided
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 lbs new potatoes
- 1/2 lb carrot
- 3/4 cup red onions or 3/4 cup purple onion, thinly sliced,divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Making the filling:.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 3Spray a shallow 2-quart casserole dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups grated Swiss, ricotta, egg, cream, and oregano; stir until well blended.
- 5Wash and scrub potatoes and carrots.
- 6Slice unpeeled potatoes about 1/8 inch thick; set aside.
- 7Slice carrots about 1/8 inch thick; transfer to a microwave-safe dish.
- 8Add 2 tablespoons water.
- 9Heat on HIGH until carrots are slightly softened, about 2 minutes; drain.
- 10Arrange first layer of potato slices, overlapping slightly, in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- 11Sprinkle with 1/4 cup onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt; add pepper to taste.
- 12Spread half of the cheese mixture over the potato layer.
- 13Arrange another potato layer over the cheese filling; top with a layer of carrots.
- 14Top carrots with 1/4 onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt; add pepper to taste.
- 15Spread with remaining cheese mixture.
- 16Arrange remaining potato and carrot slices in separate concentric circles on top of the cheese layer.
- 17Top with remaining onions and salt; add pepper to taste.
- 18Sprinkle with remaining Swiss and Parmesan.
- 19Cover lasagna with aluminum foil; bake until potatoes are tender.
- 2040-45 minutes.
- 21Remove aluminum foil and increase oven temperature to 450 degrees; continue baking the lasagna until the topping is browned, 5-10 minutes longer.
- 22Remove the casserole dish from the oven; let lasagna stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.5
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 82.6 mg
- Sodium 416.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 19.7 g