Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great sidedish!
Make and share this Potato Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated swiss cheese, divided
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 lbs new potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb carrot
- 3⁄4 cup red onions or 3⁄4 cup purple onion, thinly sliced,divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Making the filling:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a shallow 2-quart casserole dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups grated Swiss, ricotta, egg, cream, and oregano; stir until well blended.
- Wash and scrub potatoes and carrots.
- Slice unpeeled potatoes about 1/8 inch thick; set aside.
- Slice carrots about 1/8 inch thick; transfer to a microwave-safe dish.
- Add 2 tablespoons water.
- Heat on HIGH until carrots are slightly softened, about 2 minutes; drain.
- Arrange first layer of potato slices, overlapping slightly, in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt; add pepper to taste.
- Spread half of the cheese mixture over the potato layer.
- Arrange another potato layer over the cheese filling; top with a layer of carrots.
- Top carrots with 1/4 onions and 1/4 teaspoon salt; add pepper to taste.
- Spread with remaining cheese mixture.
- Arrange remaining potato and carrot slices in separate concentric circles on top of the cheese layer.
- Top with remaining onions and salt; add pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with remaining Swiss and Parmesan.
- Cover lasagna with aluminum foil; bake until potatoes are tender.
- 40-45 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and increase oven temperature to 450 degrees; continue baking the lasagna until the topping is browned, 5-10 minutes longer.
- Remove the casserole dish from the oven; let lasagna stand for 10 minutes before serving.