Recipe by mandabears
This is a recipe tweak off of a Passover Potato Pancake mix box. I think the carrots, which I usually HATE, add some sweetness to the Kugel. Easy and delicious.
Top Review by Oolala
I made this for my seder this year and everyone enjoyed it. This was so easy to make and it looked very nice. Mine took less time to cook so watch the oven- 45 minutes. I didn't mix the parsley into the batter but I sprinkled it on top for color. Thanks for posting!
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes potato pancake mix, i use manischewitz
- 3 -4 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 -2 carrot, grated
- ground paprika
- garlic powder
- fresh parsley, minced, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for sauteing onions
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, for potato pancake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup matzo meal or 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, if not using recipe for passover
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet saute chopped onions in 3 tablespoons vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Prepare potato pancake mix following directions on box.
- Add grated carrots, matzoh meal, and seasonings, then add sauted onions.
- Allow batter to sit for 3 minutes to thicken.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Serve with applesauce or sour cream.