1 hr 20 mins
Delicious served hot with a tossed salad or cold the next day for a picnic! A little work involved in grating the vegies but its a good workout for those arms! lol
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium potatoes, coarsely grated
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 large onion, coarsely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup packaged breadcrumbs
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 slices bacon
- grated cheese
- 1Place all the grated vegies in a large bowl.
- 2Add the thinly sliced bacon and crushed garlic.
- 3Stir to combine.
- 4Lightly beat the eggs with oil and salt.
- 5Pour over vegies.
- 6Stir in the parsley, breadcrumbs and milk powder.
- 7Spread into a well greased pie dish and dot with margarine.
- 8Bake 210 degree celsius for 50 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle a little grated cheese on top 15 minutes before done.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.6
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 107.6 mg
- Sodium 783.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 20.2 g