Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the first recipe I ever prepared on my own...about 19 years ago. I'm not sick of it yet, and it's incredibly easy.
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 large onion, in quarters
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 6 sprigs parsley
- Heat the oven to 350 F, and grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Blender-chop potatoes in cold water (a food processor also works well). Drain well.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover, and process only until the parsley is chopped.
- Mix the batter with the well-drained potatoes and pour into the prepared dish.
- Bake for one hour, or until brown.
This was my 1st Kugel recipe it was easy and delicious. I had to force myself to stop eating. lol We will defiantly make this again. I added garlic.