Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very hearty, tasty supper. This is very easy to make and a real pleaser.
- 5 large potatoes, cut in bite sized chunks
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded American cheese
- In dutch oven, brown potatoes, kielbasa, onion and peppers in oil.
- Add seasonings and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly and cook for 20 minutes on low, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and put cheese on top.
- Simmer until cheese is melted.
My whole family LOVED this! It was surprisingly easy to make. I used fresh basil and oregano, I also used a few american cheese slices and some colby jack shreds. I also used red potatos and left the skin on. My DH added red pepper flakes to his and said it had a cajun flair.
This was very, very good!! We love kielbasa, so this recipe was right up our ally. Now, one point - I'm not sure what "American Cheese" is - so we used grated mild cheddar - it turned out wonderful. Thanks for posting!
Great! I used less potatoes(don't like to peel) and also used 1 cup chicken broth instead of water. I didn't add the cheese because my husband comes home late, so instead I spooned out the portions into bowls and added cheese then threw them in the microwave for 30 seconds when we were ready to eat. I even liked this recipe and I'm not a big fan of kielbasa.