That is Dr House to you's Note:
German Potato cakes without the eggs and the milk
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 medium potatoes, grated
- 1/2 lb firm silken tofu, blended
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 -2 garlic clove, minced fine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing (optional) or 2 teaspoons Catalina dressing (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning (optional)
- 1I used silken firm.
- 2Brush a skillet with oil and heat to medium high. If you are avoiding fats use a good cooking spray.
- 3Mix all the ingredients together. Note I added the Lemon Pepper, Salad Dressings and Italian Season because it was simply too bland for me.
- 4Spoon about 3/4 cup into pan and and flatten to about 3/8" to 1/2" thick.
- 5Fry for 5-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 6Serve with applesauce on the side.
- 7Top with Tofu sour cream or a Vegan sour cream sub.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Kartoffelkuchen Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 630.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 13.6 g