Prep 0 mins
Cook 14 mins
German Potato cakes without the eggs and the milk
Make and share this Potato Kartoffelkuchen Tofu recipe from Food.com.
- 8 medium potatoes, grated
- 1⁄2 lb firm silken tofu, blended
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 -2 garlic clove, minced fine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing (optional) or 2 teaspoons Catalina dressing (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning (optional)
- I used silken firm.
- Brush a skillet with oil and heat to medium high. If you are avoiding fats use a good cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Note I added the Lemon Pepper, Salad Dressings and Italian Season because it was simply too bland for me.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup into pan and and flatten to about 3/8" to 1/2" thick.
- Fry for 5-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with applesauce on the side.
- Top with Tofu sour cream or a Vegan sour cream sub.