Recipe by lindseylcw
So simple but so very special, wonderful side dish with just about everything. From Simon Rimmer.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 300 ml natural yoghurt
- 300 ml water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 25 ml vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh coriander
- 2 green chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 450 g potatoes, cubed and par-boiled
Directions See How It's Made
- gently fry the cumin seeds for 3 mins in a dry pan to release the oils.
- combine the yoghurt, water, turneric, chilli powder, ground coriander, cumin, salt and sugar and add this mixture to the pan.
- add the oil and cook for 3 mins.
- add the fresh corander, chillies and potatoes and simmer for 8 minutes.