Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Don't let the ingredients sway you from at least trying this recipe once!!!! The only really expensive ingredient is the whipping cream. And if you have kids, you're more than likely to have the rest of them. When I first met my husband, his mother gave me this recipe and I made the same face you'll probably make. But it is sooooooo delicious! You can use any kind of potatoes you like but to save time I sometimes use red russet so I can skip the peeling step. All measurements are approximate. This recipe is versatile, use as much or as little as you'd like.
- Peel and cube potatoes, put in pot, add enough water to just completely cover potatoes.
- Sprinkle dill weed over potatoes and boil until potatoes are done but not overdone.
- While potatoes are boiling, hard boil 6 eggs. Peel then chop.
- When potatoes are done, DO NOT DRAIN THEM! Add whipping cream to pot ( more or less to your taste).
- Add chopped eggs to pot.
- Slice all hot dogs into pot.
- Turn on low heat and stir just until soup is warmed, careful not to scorch or overheat.
- Add about a tablespoon of vinegar to pot and stir.
- When ready to eat, I have a water bottle with vinegar in it for this meal so individuals can add more directly to their bowl.
- You can adjust all measurements to make as little or as much as you'd like.
This was a pleasant surprise! And a novelty to boot with the hot dogs! The vinegar really adds that je ne sais quoi -- it is not optional! The careful and well-crafted directions also make this a must try recipe! Thanks, CrmsonButerfly! Made for PAC Spring '09.
The flavors were good but we added some salt, pepper and rosemary as well. Thanks for posting! Made for Spring 2009 PAC.
Received 4 stars from two people and 5 stars from me, so I was trumped! I like adding vinegar to soups or stews or chili. Taste was a little different, but that's what 'Zaar is all about! Will cut this down drastically so I can have some for myself! Thnx for posting, crmsonbuterfly. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.