1/1 Photo of Potato Hot Dog Soup
Don't let the ingredients sway you from at least trying this recipe once!!!! The only really expensive ingredient is the whipping cream. And if you have kids, you're more than likely to have the rest of them. When I first met my husband, his mother gave me this recipe and I made the same face you'll probably make. But it is sooooooo delicious! You can use any kind of potatoes you like but to save time I sometimes use red russet so I can skip the peeling step. All measurements are approximate. This recipe is versatile, use as much or as little as you'd like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and cube potatoes, put in pot, add enough water to just completely cover potatoes.
- 2Sprinkle dill weed over potatoes and boil until potatoes are done but not overdone.
- 3While potatoes are boiling, hard boil 6 eggs. Peel then chop.
- 4When potatoes are done, DO NOT DRAIN THEM! Add whipping cream to pot ( more or less to your taste).
- 5Add chopped eggs to pot.
- 6Slice all hot dogs into pot.
- 7Turn on low heat and stir just until soup is warmed, careful not to scorch or overheat.
- 8Add about a tablespoon of vinegar to pot and stir.
- 9When ready to eat, I have a water bottle with vinegar in it for this meal so individuals can add more directly to their bowl.
- 10You can adjust all measurements to make as little or as much as you'd like.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Hot Dog Soup
Serving Size: 1 (500 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1216.0
- Calories from Fat 1001
- Total Fat 111.3 g
- Saturated Fat 63.5 g
- Cholesterol 569.8 mg
- Sodium 848.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 21.2 g