Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe from an old church cookbook. It is SOOOO amazingly delicious. The buttery, crunchy topping makes my mouth water just thinking about it. If you want a huge hit, make this for a crowd. It is total comfort food, so prepare to work out after you have some!
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, cut fine
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) package cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups butter flavored crackers, crushed (I use Ritz)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl, then place in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle crushed crackers on potatoes, drizzle butter over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
I wanted to try this hash brown casserole because it was topped with Rtiz crackers. I will definitely make this again because it was really good, but next time with a tad less onion and no salt added - this was quite salty!