Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Not sure where this recipe came from, as I copied it at my sisters because I thought it looked good. Haven't tried it yet, but surely that can't be enough salt for 2 1/2 lbs of potatoes! Otherwise, sounds good with the horseradish.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs medium sized baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup creamed horseradish
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover; about 20 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and cool slightly. Peel potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices. Arrange potaotes in a lightly greased 13x9 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 t salt and 1/2 t pepper.
- Stir together the half and half and the horseradish and pour over potatoes.
- Bake, covered at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, remaining salt and pepper and sugar. Saute and top potatoes then cheese and run under broiler.