Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Learned to made these back in Home Ec, the early '50s. I find it easier to refrigerate the mixture for about a half hour before shaping into balls and a small cookie scoop makes quick work of shaping the mixture into balls.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
LOVE the simplicity! This recipe was "Really Yummy" as told to me, DOH! I used Krummies (wholemeal) as did not look, TRUE! Can also skip real potatoes, do instant mash too! DEFINATELY will be making these again, Hubby has already asked, "WHEN?" Thanks!
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (no butter, no cream)
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients together except cornflakes. Roll in 1 inch balls. Roll in the crushed cornflakes. Place on greased cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Makes 8 dozen appetizer-size potato balls. You can also form these in large patties, roll in cornflakes and bake until lightly browned as a side to your entree.