Recipe by Mercy
Any vegetable or meat can be added to this versatile soup.
Top Review by angiyoungblood
This was excellent the way it was written, and with small changes. The first time I made it, I ate almost the entire pot. The second time I made it (which was the next day), my husband ate almost the entire pot. really wonderful addition to our group of staple recipes.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 236.59 ml green chili, chopped
- 1419.54 ml vegetable broth
- 946.36 ml yellow hominy, canned,rinsed and drained
- 59.14 ml cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot, and saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the cumin, stir well, then add the potatoes and green chilies.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, another 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and hominy.
- Simmer the soup, covered, over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and serve hot.