Recipe by PanNan
A quick and delicious potato dish. Great for a weeknight meal. This dish goes very well with the Succulent Roasted Game Hens in a Jiffy recipe. Note to World Tour participants - this dish, the ingredients, and the cooking method, are typical for the Southwest U.S. region. If you add some hot peppers, it will also be typical for U.S./Mexico border cooking.
Top Review by Annalisa
This potato dish was very yummy and easy to make. I used fresh thyme which gives great flavor as well as aroma. The potatoes were tender and well seasoned. I served this with roast chicken and broccoli. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 6 teaspoons minced thyme leaves (or 1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- 8 tablespoons minced parsley
- 4 to taste salt and pepper
- 4 -8 russet potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, patted dry
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion and celery.
- Cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add paprika, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in potato.
- Add broth; heat to boiling.
- Lower heat to simmer; partially cover pan.
- Cook, turning occasionally, until potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.