Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and delicious potato dish. Great for a weeknight meal. This dish goes very well with the Succulent Roasted Game Hens in a Jiffy recipe. Note to World Tour participants - this dish, the ingredients, and the cooking method, are typical for the Southwest U.S. region. If you add some hot peppers, it will also be typical for U.S./Mexico border cooking.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced thyme leaves (or 1/2 tsp dried thyme)
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 russet potato, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, patted dry
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion and celery.
- Cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add paprika, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in potato.
- Add broth; heat to boiling.
- Lower heat to simmer; partially cover pan.
- Cook, turning occasionally, until potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
This potato dish was very yummy and easy to make. I used fresh thyme which gives great flavor as well as aroma. The potatoes were tender and well seasoned. I served this with roast chicken and broccoli. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Super Potatoes!!!!! Easy and very good blend of flavors....Had with butterflied pork chops on the grill and broccoli, and the leftovers were great re-fried for breakfast the next morning....TY PanNan for one I will make again!
Wonderful! I really enjoyed this potato dish. Quick and easy with great flavors. Made as written. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-Switzerland.