Recipe by Mille®
This was a popular dish in the North of England during and after World War II for as long as meat was rationed.
- 2 lbs potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- beef bouillon cube
- water (or vegetable cooking liquid)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the potatoes and onions in a large casserole dish.
- Season to taste.
- Make the stock from beef stock cubes and water or vegetable cooking liquid.
- Pour the stock over the vegetables to a depth of half the layered vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 300°F for 1½-2 hours or until the potatoes are tender.