1/2 Photos of Potato Hamburger Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
Found this in a recipe box that my mother buys at garage sales. Have not tried it yet, but it sounds good and want to post here so I don't lose it. That and the paper it is written on is very thin and fading. Simple basic meal of potatoes and meat, enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef and drain off fat, if any.
- 2Add onions and garlic to ground beef, saute until translucent.
- 3Add cream of chicken soup to ground beef/onions/garlic and stir to mix.
- 4Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Peel and slice potatoes 1/4 inch thick.
- 6In a greased casserole dish, layer 3 of the potatoes.
- 7Layer hot ground beef mix over the top.
- 8Topping with the last 3 potatoes.
- 9Heat milk in pan that you used to cook the ground beef.
- 10Pour heated milk over casserole. Hopefully 1 cup will work as directions say to experiment, poke potatoes during cooking and add more if necessary.
- 11Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 12Removing foil last 20 minutes of baking to brown potatoes on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Hamburger Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (560 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 789.7
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 89.1 mg
- Sodium 621.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 36.3 g