Prep 20 mins
Cook 27 mins
Nice comforting flavor, nothing fancy.
- 3⁄4 cup cubed ham
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup peeled potato, cubed
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small saucepan, saute the ham, onion and celery in butter for 5 minutes or until ham is slightly browned and vegetables are tender. Add the broth and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into the chowder. Add the dill and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook for 1 minute or until thickened.
I used half-n-half instead of milk and added a bit of thyme. It was delicious!
So yummy, I added some fresh thyme and rosemary. It was divine.
This is awesome! I can make enough to feed an army and it will still be gone the same day. My whole family loves this!