Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
more weekend breakfast food
Make and share this Potato, Ham, Chorizo & Spinach Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
- 800 g potatoes, peeled, cut into 4cm pieces (coliban (washed)
- 100 g sliced ham, quartered
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch rocket, ends trimmed, washed, dried
- 1 bunch fresh chives, cut into 5cm lengths
- 30 g shaved parmesan cheese
- Cook the potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 7-8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat a 22cm-diameter (base measurement) non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add potato to pan and cook, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Return the chorizo to pan along with the ham and spinach and cook, tossing, for 1-2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Preheat grill on high. Whisk together the eggs and shallot in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Reduce heat to low and tilt the pan slightly to evenly distribute the egg. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the frittata is set around the edge but still runny in the centre. Place the pan under the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and just set.
- Combine rocket, chives and parmesan in a bowl. Cut frittata into wedges. Serve with rocket salad.
This was a delicious weekend breakfast. I had some left-over potatoes from the night before so I used them up, I love recipes that allow me to use up left-overs! This was very easy to make, and looked spectacular! Thanks for breakfast Sonya! Made for Aussie Swap :)