Vicki in Kansas Brown's Note:
This is out of The Harvey County News, submitted by Cindy Roberts. I haven't tried it yet so I don't know much it makes or how long it takes, but it looks good and I didn't want to lose it so I'm just guessing on amounts and times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 4 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 (10 ounce) cans water (use broth cans)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 4 (10 ounce) cans milk (use broth cans)
- 2 cups ham, chopped
- 4 cups cheese, of choice (she uses Velveeta or Cheddar & Jack)
- 1In large stock pot add potatoes, onion, garlic, chicken broth, water and butter.
- 2Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- 3Add milk and ham, stir.
- 4Add cheese 1 cup at a time, stirring after each cup.
- 5Stir and cook until cheese is melted.
- 6Serve with crackers or homemade bread.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Ham & Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (745 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 786.3
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 109.3 mg
- Sodium 1461.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 30.5 g