Recipe by Vicki in Kansas Brown
This is out of The Harvey County News, submitted by Cindy Roberts. I haven't tried it yet so I don't know much it makes or how long it takes, but it looks good and I didn't want to lose it so I'm just guessing on amounts and times.
Top Review by NewHopeDMN
I didn't care for this recipe. It was too soupy, the potatoes seemed to dissolve in the soup, I had to add twice as much cheese, salt, pepper, onion salt, and paprika to give it some flavor!
- 20 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 4 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 (10 ounce) cans water (use broth cans)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 4 (10 ounce) cans milk (use broth cans)
- 2 cups ham, chopped
- 4 cups cheese, of choice (she uses Velveeta or Cheddar & Jack)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large stock pot add potatoes, onion, garlic, chicken broth, water and butter.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Add milk and ham, stir.
- Add cheese 1 cup at a time, stirring after each cup.
- Stir and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve with crackers or homemade bread.