1/1 Photo of Potato, Ham & Cheese Frittata
Galley Wench's Note:
Serve this tasty dish anytime of day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 medium size red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and diced
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced ham or 1/4 lb Canadian bacon
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Dry and lightly salt potatoes.
- 3In heavy skillet, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium heat.
- 4To skill add alternating layers of potatoes, shallots, green pepper and ham or Canadian Bacon.
- 5Cover skillet and cook on low for 10 minutes until tender (occasionally lift potatoes to prevent them from sticking).
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Beat eggs with whisk until foamy.
- 8Add cayenne pepper and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 9Sprinkle cheese on vegetables.
- 10Spread the egg mixture evenly in the pan, lifting vegetables allowing egg mixture to run under and between potatoes.
- 11Cook on medium heat (shaking pan occasionally) until the eggs are set on the bottom and still slightly liquid on top.
- 12Cook in the oven until eggs are set, 8-10 minutes.
- 13Frittata can be served warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Ham & Cheese Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.7
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 224.7 mg
- Sodium 327.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: