Recipe by alligirl
Taken from the 'Flavors of Switzerland' section of the worldwide gourmet website; posted for ZWT.
Top Review by momaphet
These were good though basic tasting. I had some issues making the puffs,and when eating them the cheese tended to all come off at once. My inclination would be to add the cream and cheese to the potatoes and bake them in the dish with out worrying about making puffs, though they are fun! Made for ZWT 7 for the Food.commandos.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 tablespoons cream
- 3 ounces gruyere, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until soft; drain.
- Mash and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix in the flour.
- Form into little dumplings using two soup spoons dipped into melted butter before forming each dumpling.
- Place the puffs into a baking dish.
- Pour the cream over and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes on the middle rack of a preheated 450°F.