1/2 Photos of Potato Griddle Cakes
2 hrs 10 mins
Another childhood favorite. Mom would serve these for dinner along with lingonberry preserves. Prep time includes 2 hours to rest the batter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the egg and a little of the milk, then add the flour, sugar and remaining milk a little at a time while beating.
- 2Allow to stand for 2 hours.
- 3Peel and grate potatoes, then add to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- 6Melt a little butter in the pan, just enough to coat the pan.
- 7Add a thin layer of batter.
- 8Cook on each side until golden brown, and place on a warmed serving platter.
- 9Continue with remaining batter.
- 10Serve immediately with bacon and lingonberries.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Griddle Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 446.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.7 g