Another childhood favorite. Mom would serve these for dinner along with lingonberry preserves. Prep time includes 2 hours to rest the batter.
- Beat the egg and a little of the milk, then add the flour, sugar and remaining milk a little at a time while beating.
- Allow to stand for 2 hours.
- Peel and grate potatoes, then add to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat.
- Melt a little butter in the pan, just enough to coat the pan.
- Add a thin layer of batter.
- Cook on each side until golden brown, and place on a warmed serving platter.
- Continue with remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with bacon and lingonberries.