Recipe by CarrolJ
This is cooked similar to a Scalloped Potato recipe but has no milk or flour in it. It makes a tasty Potato Vegetable Casserole. This is one of the recipes given to me by Cyndy Totten who gave me permission to post her recipes.
- 3 lbs peeled thinly sliced baking potatoes
- 2 large green peppers, cleaned and thinly sliced in rings
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the sides and bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange 1/3 of the Potatoes in the baking dish.
- Top the Potatoes with 1/3 of the sliced Green Peppers.
- Top the Green Peppers with 1/3 of the sliced Tomatoes.
- Mix the melted Butter with the Olive Oil.
- Drizzle 1/3 of the Butter, Olive Oil mixture over vegetables.
- Season with 1/3 of the salt and pepper.
- Repeat steps 3-7 until all of the ingredients are used up.
- Bake 1 1/4 hour or until tender, golden brown and bubbly.