Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is cooked similar to a Scalloped Potato recipe but has no milk or flour in it. It makes a tasty Potato Vegetable Casserole. This is one of the recipes given to me by Cyndy Totten who gave me permission to post her recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the sides and bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Arrange 1/3 of the Potatoes in the baking dish.
- Top the Potatoes with 1/3 of the sliced Green Peppers.
- Top the Green Peppers with 1/3 of the sliced Tomatoes.
- Mix the melted Butter with the Olive Oil.
- Drizzle 1/3 of the Butter, Olive Oil mixture over vegetables.
- Season with 1/3 of the salt and pepper.
- Repeat steps 3-7 until all of the ingredients are used up.
- Bake 1 1/4 hour or until tender, golden brown and bubbly.
Excellent! I used red bell peppers and added a little Parmesan on each layer. My daughter, who doesn't like peppers, absolutely loved it.
Loved this! I followed the recipe exactly and even my DH (who generally doesn't get excited about any vegetable) said 'honey, you could make this one again'.
This is EXCELLENT. I made half a recipe in an 8" square casserole adding a bit of Italian seasoning and a couple of bay leaves. Simple and simply delicious.