1/1 Photo of Potato-Green Bean Salad With Cucumber Dressing
I got this recipe from Cuisine Lite and made a few adjustments. You can use either fresh or frozen green beans. It is now one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded & coarsely grated
- kosher salt
For the dressing
- 1Toss cucumber with generous pinch of salt and place in a small strainer. Let drain 15 minutes, then squeeze well to remove excess moisture. Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together mayonaisse, sour cream, herbs, onions, mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Fold in the cucumber. Stir in the tomatoes. Set aside.
- 3Boil potatoes and eggs in salted water over high heat until potatoes are almost done. Add the beans and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. (If you are using frozen, make sure they are thawed before putting them in the cooking water). Drain the potatoes and beans, leaving the eggs in the pot. Shake eggs in pot until cracked all over and then cover with cold water.
- 4Gently stir potatoes and beans (drained but still hot)in the dressing-tomatoe mixture.
- 5Peel eggs and slice into 1/2 inch rounds. Gently mix into the potato mixture.
- 6This salad can be served warm, room temperature or cold. I personally like to put it in the fridge and let the flavors meld together for a couple of hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato-Green Bean Salad With Cucumber Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.8
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 67.0 mg
- Sodium 124.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 5.7 g