Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from Cuisine Lite and made a few adjustments. You can use either fresh or frozen green beans. It is now one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 lb green beans
- 3⁄4 cup grape tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded & coarsely grated
- kosher salt
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, dried & crumbled
- 2 teaspoons parsley, dried & crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Toss cucumber with generous pinch of salt and place in a small strainer. Let drain 15 minutes, then squeeze well to remove excess moisture. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonaisse, sour cream, herbs, onions, mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Fold in the cucumber. Stir in the tomatoes. Set aside.
- Boil potatoes and eggs in salted water over high heat until potatoes are almost done. Add the beans and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. (If you are using frozen, make sure they are thawed before putting them in the cooking water). Drain the potatoes and beans, leaving the eggs in the pot. Shake eggs in pot until cracked all over and then cover with cold water.
- Gently stir potatoes and beans (drained but still hot)in the dressing-tomatoe mixture.
- Peel eggs and slice into 1/2 inch rounds. Gently mix into the potato mixture.
- This salad can be served warm, room temperature or cold. I personally like to put it in the fridge and let the flavors meld together for a couple of hours before serving.
Very good salad. The cucumber dressing was very refreshing. I could not find my tarragon spice jar so decided to use fresh dill instead. It was good that way. Thanks for posting, ChefMarvelIris [Made for Bargain Basement Tag]
This is a very unique and delicious salad. I liked the flavor the cucumber added and the green beans were a nice addition. This is a good addition to my standard potato salad recipe.