1/5 Photos of Potato, Green Bean and Bacon Chowder
This is a thick and hearty potato soup. It really satisfies a hungry appetite on a cold day. I have prepared the soup and left in a crockpot on low for several hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon until crisp in large dutch oven or stock pot.
- 2Add onion and saute for 2 or 3 minutes.
- 3Pour off fat; add potatoes and water.
- 4Bring to boil, cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- 5Stir in soup and sour cream.
- 6Gradually add milk.
- 7Add green beans.
- 8Add pepper and parsley.
- 9Heat to serving temperature.
- 10Do not boil.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato, Green Bean and Bacon Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.1
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 517.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 7.2 g