1/3 Photos of Potato Gratin With Porcini Mushrooms and Mascarpone Cheese
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Haven't made this yet but it has my favorite ingredients. From nov/07 bon appetit. Who doesn't like a potato gratin
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces dried porcini mushrooms (*)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese (** from about 1 1/2 seven-ounce containers)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 1/2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices (about 5 large)
- 1Place porcini and 1 cup boiling water in medium bowl. Place small bowl atop mushrooms to keep submerged. Let soak 20 minutes. Drain and coarsely chop mushrooms.
- 2Melt butter with oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Whisk 1/4 cup Parmesan and next 4 ingredients in small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- 3DO AHEAD: Mushrooms and cheese mixture can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and chill.
- 4Preheat oven to 325°F Butter wide shallow 2-quart baking dish. Arrange 1/4 of potato slices in bottom of dish. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Scatter 1/4 of mushrooms over. Repeat. Spread half of cheese mixture over, shaking dish to settle. Repeat with remaining potatoes and mushrooms in 2 layers each; spread remaining cheese mixture over. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan over. Place gratin dish on rimmed baking sheet.
- 5Bake gratin until top is brown and sauce is bubbling at edges, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Let gratin rest 15 minutes before serving.
- 6DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Tent loosely with foil and rewarm in 300°F oven 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Gratin With Porcini Mushrooms and Mascarpone Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.6
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 153.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: