Recipe by lazyme
I've saved this recipe for several years and am putting it here for safekeeping so that I can find it again. It sounds yummy. Recipe Source: A PASSION FOR POTATOES by Lydie Marshall
Top Review by WiGal
Perfect for those of us with a passion for potatoes and oven meals! Actually have made this twice within the last week -first time exactly as posted and everything was fine but the second time I cranked up the oven to 400 for last 30 so I could roast some corn in oven at SAME time and that worked out fine. I used rosemary with the oregano which my photo shows. Thanks lazyme for posting. Made for Potato event in Photo Forum.
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 907.18 g potatoes (yukon gold, or russet)
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 red pepper, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 7.39 ml salt
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 29.58 ml fresh oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the potatoes 1/8-inch to 1/16-inch thick (6 cups).
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Dribble 1 tablespoon olive oil into a 2-quart rectangular or oval baking dish 14 x 8 x 2 and scatter 1/4 of the minced garlic over the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the vegetables in layers, starting with potatoes and peppers, finishing with tomatoes and onion.
- Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground pepper, garlic, and oregano between each layer.
- Pour the remaining olive oil over the surface and bake in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until fork tender.