1/1 Photo of Potato Gratin With Peppers, Onions, and Tomatoes
1 hr 30 mins
I've saved this recipe for several years and am putting it here for safekeeping so that I can find it again. It sounds yummy. Recipe Source: A PASSION FOR POTATOES by Lydie Marshall
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 lbs potatoes (yukon gold, or russet)
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 red pepper, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1Peel and slice the potatoes 1/8-inch to 1/16-inch thick (6 cups).
- 2Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 3Dribble 1 tablespoon olive oil into a 2-quart rectangular or oval baking dish 14 x 8 x 2 and scatter 1/4 of the minced garlic over the bottom of the pan.
- 4Arrange the vegetables in layers, starting with potatoes and peppers, finishing with tomatoes and onion.
- 5Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground pepper, garlic, and oregano between each layer.
- 6Pour the remaining olive oil over the surface and bake in the oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until fork tender.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Gratin With Peppers, Onions, and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.1
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 597.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g